Friday, March 26, 2010

Bambersch

Two posts in one night? Susi, are you trying to make up for not posting for a week and your probable lack of posts for long periods in the future??
Yup.
After a pleasant 2.5-hour-long ride with Vivi during which I was at my most charming (asleep), I finally got my first glimpse of Bamberg, my home for the next handful of months! It was filled with gorgeous old buildings, it was packed with students, it was...cold and rainy. But spirits were high and we stopped at a great Italian place before I was deposited at the Collegium Oecumenicum (no, I still can't say it). I'll take pictures of it when it gets a bit prettier around here, but my room is very comfortable and there is a kitchen. My roommate is Latvian (cool, right??) and really fun. Our shared interests include tea and dancing around, so I think things will be pretty chill this semester.
Proof that I'm not just making all of this having a home in Bamberg stuff up:

A real mailbox! With my name on it!
Other fun things to do in Bamberg include wishing it weren't so cloudy,


sliding around the apartment in your complementary British Airway socks,


and eating currywurst.


Really, though, this city is so pretty I'm probably going to get hit by a bus because I'm never actually paying attention to where I'm walking. To do it justice, I'm going to take pictures while the sun is actually shining and displaying Bamberg in its full glory.

Most of my three days in Bamberg were spent shopping for necessities in Tedi and REWE and hopping from bank to AOK to city hall trying to get all my papers in order, so there's not that much to report! I had the chance to meet some of the other exchange students (or ERASMUS students, as we're called) at a few get-togethers, and everyone seems decent so far. If there are any "doozies", to borrow a word from decades gone by, among them, you best believe you'll hear about them!


Train-tray-witch-face says it's time for Susi to go to bed now, so you'll have to hear about Stuttgart, Schallstadt, and other things that start with S later!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Currywurst! Looking forward to more S stories......

    ReplyDelete